Church/State Violation

Think you've discovered a violation? The first thing to do is confirm whether or not it is really a violation. Find more information on specific state/church and equal access issues at our favorite page—the State-Church FAQs at the Freedom From Religion Foundation

If you're sure it is a violation it is best to start locally—unless the matter is urgent. If it requires resolution in 48 hours or less, see the list of national organizations below since there may not be time to collaborate with local activists.

In cases where the matter is ongoing and doesn't require an immediate intervention, start locally. Someone may already be working on the issue already and your help could really make a difference. Find local chapters and affiliates of national freethought organizations here. If they aren't doing state/church separation activism yet—ask them “Why not?”

Find a local group:

Report a violation to a regional or national organization: